The fireplace sits in the corner, waiting for those cooler months before it gets attention. Be prepared, as creosote, soot, and tar build up inside your chimney over time, causing blockages, and bricks and mortar can crack. These problems can cause:
- Dangerous chimney and house fires
- Smoke and fumes in the house, risking carbon monoxide poisoning
What can our Firewise do?
- Soot-Loose Chimney & Flue Cleaner is a non-corrosive organic solvent that dissolves the tar and creosote. Making the fire burn cleaner reduces the build-up of tar, creosote, soot, and smoke emissions, increases heater efficiency, and prevents dangerous chimney fires.
- Crystal Clear Fireplace Glass Cleaner restores the crystal-clear look of wood heater windows and doors. Removes stubborn tar, creosote, and soot from the glass without scratching.
- Hot Spot Ready to Use Mortar is perfect for repairing and installing firebricks as it is heat resistant to 1400oC.
Handy Hint: A YEARLY INSPECTION OF YOUR CHIMNEY/FLUE BY A PROFESSIONAL IS RECOMMENDED. If you haven’t cleaned your chimney in a while and suspect you may have a significant build-up, please use 2 or 3 sachets for the first clean, then 1 sachet per month throughout the season to keep it clean.
Read our blog on ‘Is your fireplace or wood heater a potential killer?” and watch this video on ‘How to know if your chimney needs a clean‘.