Magic Hotplate Restorer™ has been developed for use on cast iron hotplates, cookers and BBQ’s alike. Most multi-purpose cleaners will destroy your cast iron hot plates causing them to rust and loose their original black lustre. However, Magic Hotplate Restorer™ is non-hazardous, non-toxic, and biodegradable leaving the hotplate safe to cook on.
Easy to use, Magic Hotplate Restorer™ will protect your hot plates from pitting and continual use will prevent rust from ever appearing. The tube has a sponge pad attachment for easier application and guaranteed results.
Magic Hotplate Restorer™ is ideal for use on cast iron hotplates, is Australian made and owned, is environmentally responsible, cruelty free, septic and grey water safe.
Handy Hint: Use Magic Metal Cleaner™ to polish the stainless steel hotplate rims to a brilliant shine.
- Remove any burnt-on material surface rust, then clean cold hotplates with a damp cloth. Allow to dry.
- Rub a small amount of Magic Hotplate Restorer™ into hotplate until shiny.
- Turn hotplate to medium heat setting for approx. 5 minutes (smoke should appear). Then turn off.
- With a clean cloth, rub in Magic Hotplate Restorer™ while still warm and remove any excess.
- After use, clean the sponge applicator under running water.
- A fortnightly application is recommended.
Handy Hint: Use Magic All Metal Polish™ to clean and polish hotplate rims.
Is Magic Hotplate Restorer™ dangerous or caustic?
No, Hotplate Magic is totally non-toxic and completely safe.
I have applied the Magic Hotplate Restorer™, heated up the hotplates but I seem to have a lot of black polish still coming off.
You have applied too much of the product. Keep wiping off until all residues have disappeared. Next time apply a smaller amount.
Can the Magic Hotplate Restorer™ be used on a cast iron barbeque plate?
No, it is not recommended to use on a BBQ plate. The ingredients are non-hazardous but this product has not been tested for direct food contact.
There is a lot of smoke coming from my hot plate.
You have applied too much product. Wipe off the excess with a damp cloth and restart the procedure.
There is rust starting to appear where I have applied Magic Hotplate Restorer™.
You have not heated the product up to cure it. It is the iron oxide in the product that has come in contact with the air with is starting to cause the rusting. Wipe over the product with a damp cloth and start the procedure again. Make sure the product is heated up and smoke starts appearing.
I have a lot of black stuff coming off my hot plates?
1. You have applied too much product, wipe off the excess with a damp cloth and start again.
2. You have not heated the stove up. Wipe off any excess and start again.