Magic Iron Base Plate Cleaner™ has been developed using a naturally derived polishing agent that loosens and dissolves baked on deposits from the base plate of your iron. It is a non-hazardous, non-toxic, biodegradable, and has a sponge pad/scourer attached to the end of the tube for the ease of use and amazing results.
Magic Iron Base Plate Cleaner™ Australian made & owned, is environmentally responsible, cruelty free, septic and grey water safe.
Handy Hint: To prolong the life of your steam iron and prevent element damage, use Magic Multi-Use Descaler™.
- Apply a thick layer of Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ onto the stained area of the cold baseplate.
- Turn iron to wool setting and switch on. As soon as the Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ starts to sizzle switch iron off. DO NOT allow Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ to dry on the baseplate.
- Using the attached scourer pad (or a non-scratch scourer) rub vigourously in a circular motion.
- Wipe off the excess cleaner with a damp cloth. Clean steam holes with a wet cotton bud.
- After use, clean scourer pad using running water.
Note: For best performance Iron Magic should be used soon after deposits appear.
I applied the Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ to my iron base when it was hot and it didn’t remove all the marks?
If you apply the Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ to a hot iron base, the solvent in the product will evaporate instantly. Make sure that the iron base is only warm, not hot.
I applied the Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ to my iron base and it didn’t bring off all the baked-on marks?
All of our products, including the Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ are manufactured without using harmful or caustic ingredients. Therefore, for really difficult baked on marks you will need to use the Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ in conjunction with a non-scratch scourer, maybe a couple of times too.
I have just bought your tube of Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ and it looks like its half-empty?
There is 50g of product inside the tube. We had to make the tube the size it is to fit all directions and safety warnings on there. I assure you have got what you have paid for.
I bought a tube of Magic Iron Baseplate Cleaner™ but the sponge has melted, is that normal?
No, you must have had the base plate turned up too high before using.